Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018-The Year of Endless Possibilities

Over five years since I have written in my blog...I can hardly believe it!

It has always been beyond my comprehension this concept of time. Certain things in life seem like they happened yesterday even if they happened years ago and vice versa. For instance, I can hardly remember a time without my children and yet it's as if they were born just yesterday, every detail as fresh as can be. And the same applies to the passing of my parents over 35 years ago...but wasn't I just talking with them? Perhaps the concept of everything happening at the same time has merit...That being said, I am hardly the right person to enter into that conversation.

As an artist, it's more feelings that I like to explore rather than abstract concepts. But don't get me wrong, I do love the abstract and like my previous series of paintings, I continue to see abstract art in all that surrounds me.


Natural Abstracts focused on rocks and stones and the art that could be observed while quietly contemplating the surfaces that surround us. Even exploring what lies within some rocks was revealing, as the image of this large stone a friend brought to me demonstrates.  
Sometimes things are going on under the surface that we are not conscious of and they are wondrous.



The inside to me was like a work of art, a nucleus intrinsic to it's host.

My next series of photographs and paintings focuses on nature's abstracts again but this time it was the sea that inspired me as in the abstracts you can find in shells. And while I was focusing on those abstracts I was of course confronted with the golden spiral, a prominent aspect of the Lunatia hero, the Northern moon snail.


The results of those observations will be the focus of my next few posts but for now, just getting back to my blog feels great.

2018 - Let's hope it's a good one.... Namaste





(All images and text in this blog are protected by copyright by virtue of their publication.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails